Hi! My name is Tigran, and I’m a senior software engineer at Netflix working on developer productivity. Previously I worked at Buffer and Twitter.
I’m interested in programming, writing, and what’s in-between. I often think that I should have become a writer, but programming and writing have so much in common that I don’t regret my choice. Both are tools for creation. Currently, my professional focus is on productivity engineering and tools.
In my free time, I like to play soccer, watch movies, and spend time with friends and family.
Here are some other things about me that you might want to know:
- I’m originally from Armenia and have an MSc in Computer Science from RIT. I’ve specialized in Distributed Systems and Databases.
- I’m the creator of Cronhub. Cronhub is a cron scheduler and monitoring tool for developers. It’s my side-business and I share my learnings on this blog.
- In 2016 I built Booknshelf to help people to keep track of their books online. Since I love reading books, I thought this would be a fun project to work on.
- I was a graduate teaching assistant at RIT teaching Computer Science I, II to undergrads. The curriculum included the basics of computer science, data structures, and algorithms (average rating of 9.4 out of 10 from all 200 students).
- When I was at RIT I built an online carpooling platform for students called Wheelie. It was my first side-project. It became the official carpooling platform for RIT students. However, I shut it down in 2016 for personal reasons.
- I had a summer internship at Twitter NYC in 2014. I worked at the geo team building location-based backend services.
- I served in mandatory military service in Armenia for two years. I actually liked it because I had so much free time to read books. I read mostly fiction in Armenian and Russian. Of course, I read Dostoevsky’s most notable books as one should.
- I love to write and hope one day to write a book.