Hi! My name is Tigran, and I'm a software engineer at Netflix. Here are some other things about me that you might want to know:
- I’m originally from Armenia and have an MSc in Computer Science from RIT. I've specialized in Distributed Systems and Databases.
- I’m the creator of Cronhub. Cronhub is a cron scheduler and monitoring tool for developers. It was my side-business until it was acquired in 2022. I shared my learnings about Cronhub on this blog.
- In 2016, I built Booknshelf to help people to keep track of their books online. Since I love reading books, I thought this would be a fun project to work on.
- I was a graduate teaching assistant at RIT teaching Computer Science I, II to undergrads. The curriculum included the basics of computer science, data structures, and algorithms (average rating of 9.4 out of 10 from all 200 students).
- When I was at RIT I built an online carpooling platform for students called Wheelie. It was my first side-project. It became the official carpooling platform for RIT students. However, I shut it down in 2016 for personal reasons.
- I had a summer internship at Twitter NYC in 2014. I worked at the geo team building location-based backend services.
- I served in mandatory military service in Armenia for two years. I actually liked it because I had so much free time to read books. I read mostly fiction in Armenian and Russian. Of course, I read Dostoevsky's most notable books as one should. However, no books from Leo Tolstoy which I plan to fix.'
- One of my favorite quotes is: "Energy is a necessary input for progress." by Nat Friedman . I try to remind myself of this quote when I feel low energy and unmotivated.